For movie lovers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Knight and Day

Knight and Day, the new Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz film opened today and I'll admit the previews reeled me in, but I wasn't sure what to expect. Lucky for me, the previews didn't lie. This is a really fun and enjoyable movie. Its got way more laughs that I was expecting, its got totally, mindlessly great action, its got a dabble of romance and its got Tom. I love Tom Cruise. I tried to hate him during his mentally unstable, jumping on couches phase, but I just dadgummit like him. He can deliver the funny line, he can run and unflinchingly fling himself off high buildings/cliffs/vehicles, and he looks exactly like he did in Top Gun 25 years later.

Unfortunately for Cameron, Tom's magical inability to age makes her look a lot older than she is. They didn't really have the love connection on film I was hoping for, but I can totally believe that any girl would fall in love with a thrill-seeking, spy with Tom's face. Therefore, it was pretty easy to go with the outlandish character that Tom plays and the attraction Cameron's character feels for him.

It was also surprisingly easy to go along with the ridiculously implausible story line and impossible stunts. Hes a spy, shes a regular girl and you spend the movie trying to figure out who is good and who is bad. It was just a FUN movie, not overly complex so don't challenge yourself, just see it to enjoy it. So if you are looking for a nice distraction and entertaining movie, this one is definitely worth seeing. Did I mention that Tom Cruise is in it?

$ $ $ $ $

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment